- Bertie beetle - her wigglefriend that sat on her change table, she was fascinated by him (newborns like high contrast objects, they can see them better)
- Bunny, Puppy and Pooh - her comforters in her bed, they were always there at sleep time
- musical toy on her rocker - loved the tunes
- Ducky for bath time
We started with 'nappy free time' on a little change mat in a sunny corner of the room. She loved it and it was great for getting her fully dry, hence keeping nappy rash down. One day she had a try of a play mat at a friend's house, one with a toy arch that she could lay under and bat the toys with her hands. It was a hit! We got one for home and it was a winner, she spent ages looking at and playing with the toys above her. Sometimes I'd put the change mat on the play mat and she had nappy free time (or nappy change) while playing.
- Jolly Jumper! Baby loves to bounce! I know some Babies who don't but ours is a little energiser bunny so she loved it
- Tummy time on her play mat with a cushion, or even a rolled up towel under her chest to help her get her shoulders off the ground
- rattles and toys with little limbs that she could hold onto with her little hands and chew
- A mobile above her bed was a great investment, it distracted her long enough from crying to help her fall asleep.
7-9 months - pretty much anything that isn't really a toy:
- shoes, especially the laces, she plays with them in her fingers, examines them, chews them (only under supervision of course)
- pegs - so much so that Daddy calls she Peggy Sue :)
- small plastic bottles with coloured paper inside
- paper - to rip (pieces removed when small enough to go in the mouth :)
- the dogs biscuits.... needless to say she doesn't get these, but it's fun to commando crawl over there at every possible opportunity... and the dogs' water, well it's like a puddle to splash in! LOL
- Tin biscuit tin - makes a great little drum!
- Chicken and birdies in the backyard that she could watch for ages
|There's a bear in my cupboard|
Second favourite toys ever:
- Puppies - so funny and interesting.... they just need to be careful of those little grabby hands
Note: Babies have a short attention span, so anything they play with for 10-15 minutes is awesome. And it goes without say that Babies should be supervised at all times with all toys.
What's your Baby's favourite toy?